Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Great Potty Predicament....

    We have "loosely" begun potty training. We purchased a "Royal Potty" that sings when you pee or poop in it.  I know, I am a little jealous myself. I don't get any acknowledgement when I accomplish either of these feats much less get serenaded. So we let  Sky hang around naked in the mornings and before bedtime in the hopes that she will use the potty. We also have been teaching her to pull her pants up and down, and we get to have all kinds of discussions about peepee or poopoo. I even brought her in once when Andrew was doing his business to show her he was going poopoo in the big potty, (don't tell him I told you or he'll kill me)!! Who knew the day would come that I would be hoping for Sky to start peeing in the middle of the living room. I am convinced if she pees and I grab her and put her on the potty she will totally get the potty thing.
      As Sky gets to be a bigger girl we try to teach her different things, one thing we've been working on is imagination play. We feed our baby dolls, diaper them, put them to sleep and love them. So, this morning Sky is naked and will only sit on the potty for a second. Then I have a genius idea! I grab her cabbage patch and talk about how she is a big girl now and not a baby. I pull the doll's diaper off and sit her on the potty chair. I had tried this once before but Sky didn't really notice. This time she is watching and goes and grabs the doll. I am asking Sky "do you want to use the potty like a big girl?" Sky grabs her babydoll, squats down and starts to diaper her baby. I am sitting there unsure what to say or do, is this a potty protest? or is my little girl just playing Mommy? So, I say "yay! baby's done going potty and now its time to put her diaper on " Skylar stands up, claps her hands and runs off with her babydoll. That's when I notice the wet spot where Sky was squatting...Dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment